Central Michigan University (CMU) underwent the largest capital project in its history. The new four-story Biosciences Building will provide students and faculty from Biomedical and Biotech to Botany and Zoology with a state-of-the-art hands-on research and learning facility. The floor plan promotes collaboration, adaptability, and sharing of resources with teaching labs placed in close proximity to research labs to facilitate open dialogue between students and faculty. This design was centered on increasing efficiency and speed at which collaborative research can be conducted so CMU’s faculty and students can achieve academic and scientific success at a faster rate. The project has been set to receive a LEED Gold certification.
Location: Mount Pleasant, MI
- Project Size: 169,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Budget: $95 million
- Stonecreek Contract: $4.7 million
- CiF Premium E-Line Wood Casework
- CiF Apex Air Fume Hoods
- CiF Flexible Lab Table Systems
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Stantec
- Lab Planner: Lord Aeck Sargent Architecture
- Construction Manager: Clark Construction Co.