Grand Rapids Public Schools and the Kent Intermediate School District expanded their special education learning environment, Pine Grove Learning Center. The expansion includes eight classrooms, a new cafeteria, and a playground. This addition was designed to meet the students’ needs and offer them more opportunities for inclusion. The building was constructed with input from special education staff to earn certification set by the U.S. Green Building Council. The Pine Grove Learning Center provides a safe, positive, learning environment where each student is given the opportunity and tools to communicate and participate in academics.
Location: Wyoming, MI
- Project Size: 29,600 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Cost: $9 million
- Stonecreek Contract: $55,000
- Case Systems Plastic Laminate Casework
- Formica Wild Cherry Casework Color
- Wilsonart Twilight Zephyr Countertops
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: Progressive AE
- Construction Manager: Owen Ames Kimball