Miami University’s Shideler Hall provides academic research and instructional spaces for the Department of Geography, Geology and Environmental Earth Science, and Institute for the Environment and Sustainability. The 67,000 square-foot renovation and the 30,000 square-foot addition includes stateof-the-art office, teaching, research, and collaboration spaces. This facility will support an increasingly interactive and project-oriented curriculum. As a total solution provider, the goal for this project was to provide a safe and modern working environment that offered significant energy savings to help Miami University and their pursuit of a LEED Silver certification.
Location: Oxford, OH
- Project Size: 30,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Cost: $1.2 million
- Stonecreek Contract: $200,000
- CiF Premium Maple Laboratory Casework
- CiF S-Line Metal Casework
- CiF Apex Air Fume Hoods
Project Delivery Team:
- Architect: BHDP Architecture
- Laboratory Planner: BHDP Architecture
- General Contractor: Gilbane Building Company