Notre Dame’s McCourtney Hall is the first building that will be dedicated to research within the school’s larger plan for an East Campus Research Complex. This new research quad’s goals are to promote collaboration and provide convenient access to highly specialized equipment that will support their research space needs. Providing an adaptable and functional space was one of our main priorities. The building boasts 220,000 square feet of open laboratory space within three designated floors. Departments of chemical and biomolecular engineers, and chemistry and biochemistry, will be housed in the building.
Location: Notre Dame, IN
- Project Size: 220,000 sq. ft.
- Total Construction Cost: $62 million
- Stonecreek Contract: $4 million
- CiF Ascent Flexible Lab Tables
- Lab Crafters Painted Metal Boxes
- CiF Premium Wood Door Fronts
- Labconco Fume Hoods
- Counter Reaction Countertops
Project Delivery Team:
- Lab Planner: BSA Life Structures
- Construction Manager: Shiel-Sexton Company, Inc.